To cure the winter weather blues, why not whip up some indulgent, homemade hot chocolate from ingredients you might already have in your pantry? Pour some into a giant mug, top with a big spoonful of marshmallow fluff, and curl up on the couch to watch a movie or read a book. Enjoy the beauty of snow from the indoors.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch ground cinnamon, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla and warm up over a low heat.
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in another bowl. Whisk the cocoa mixture into the warm milk mixture. Whisk the mixture frequently to prevent it from scorching.
- Remove the mixture from the heat just after it has come to a boil.
Contributed by Emily Daniels, found on Laura’s Sweet Spot Blog