Winter Fashion Must Haves
November 12, 2013
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
It’s that time of year again; the temperature is dropping and there are signs of snow in the forecast! Check out our list of your must-have items for winter that will keep you warm and fashionable as the holiday season approaches.
1. Cold weather accessories: Stay warm and look fabulous this winter with fun outerwear items like gloves, mittens, scarves and hats! These “taxi” mittens from Kate Spade Outlet will be sure to attract some attention! Retail for $55 at the Kate Spade Hagerstown Outlet. Photo: Tyler Miller
2. Riding boots: The perfect boot for walking to class, going out with the girls or running errands on the weekend. These leather Bahr boots from Aldo retail for $200 and go with everything from jeans to a dress with tights! Available online or at the Hagerstown Outlets in cognac and black. Photo: www.aldoshoes.com
3. Structured jacket: Anyone can throw on a North Face and head out. Show a little more class as the cold weather approaches with a tailored jacket like this peacoat from J.Crew. Shown here in vintage berry, it also comes in a variety of colors and retails for $298 online. You’re sure to find a slightly more affordable version at their outlet, too. Show your Rambler card for their student and teacher discount for 15 percent off! Photo: www.jcrew.com
4. Oversized sweaters: An oversized sweater is a great way to stay comfy but still look fashionable this winter. This One Button Cardigan Sweater from Victoria’s Secret retails for $79.50. It comes in four neutral colors, which you can pair with a variety of items including a top with leggings or skinny jeans or over a dress for a more layered look. Photo: www.victoriassecre.com
5. Leggings: They’re a great thing. Let’s face it ladies, they’re much more comfortable than pants. But that’s just it—they’re not pants! Pair them under a dress or oversized sweater and you’ve got a great winter ensemble. Look for thicker fabrics like cotton as opposed to a thinner, tight-style stocking that will help keep you warm. Try a pair of these fun velvet ones from H&M for only $17.95 for a dressier holiday look. Photo: www.hm.com
1. Cold weather accessories: Dudes get cold too! So don’t be afraid to throw on a scarf, hat or pair of gloves when trekking across campus this winter. This fun camouflage print lambswool scarf from Ralph Lauren will help you stay warm in a manly yet fashionable way. Retail $58. Photo: www.ralphlauren.com
2. Festive pants: Try out something other than the standard jeans or khakis this winter. These satin men’s pants from H&M will be great for holiday parties or going out for date night. And at only $29.95, you can afford to give them a try! Available in-store and online in green and black. Photo: www.hm.com
3. Flannel: Layering is in, fellas! Mix this must-have flannel shirt with a number of items like a neutral sweater, military jacket or throw a graphic tee underneath and you’ve got yourself an effortless but fashionable winter look. This J.Crew herringbone plaid flannel comes in a few different colors including chili powder (seen here) and retails for $79.50. Photo: www.jcrew.com
4. The not-so-ugly holiday sweater: A print sweater is a definite go-to this holiday season. With a pair of jeans, it’s a great look for class. Throw a collared shirt underneath and pair with chinos or dressier pants and you have a great party ensemble! This J.Crew Alpine Fair Isle Sweater retails for $118, but you can find similar styles for less in many department stores. Photo: www.jcrew.com